Receptionist / Administrative Assistant – 14 Month Contract
Incorporated in 1969, Merkburn owns and manages close to one million square feet of commercial and industrial properties in the Ottawa region. Merkburn’s diversified real estate portfolio includes facilities for offices, warehouses and showrooms, as well as manufacturing and production facilities.
About the Position:
As the Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, you will assist with day-to-day operations of the office and act as first point of contact for inquires to the front office. The hours for this role are 8:00AM – 4:30PM Monday-Friday.
Specific responsibilities include:
Reception & Administration:
- Greet visitors to office.
- Answer phones, forward calls & take messages.
- Sort mail, date stamp and distribute within office.
- Manage outgoing mail and courier pick-up (verify courier invoice).
- Schedule staff meetings.
- Miscellaneous filing/faxing/photocopying.
- Check and forward Merkburn email accounts and faxes.
- Manage and order office supplies & verify invoices.
- Maintain kitchen supplies.
- Maintain outlook database of tenants, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Maintain tenant contact & alarm list.
- Coordinate and track parking passes.
- Coordinate and track key fobs & maintain Kantech door system.
- Manage all related files including electronic files.
- Draft and send out tenant notifications.
- Track and log tenant maintenance calls & emails.
- Track after-hour calls and follow-up.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate / dispatch maintenance personnel during the morning meetings – 8:00 am.
- Coordinate/ dispatch service contractors and suppliers.
- Follow-up with tenants after completion of work orders.
- Follow-up with contractors/maintenance staff after completion of work orders.
- Input maintenance work orders into Yardi (input time, materials, etc.).
- Contact suppliers and contractors for pricing/tenders and update quote book.
- Issue PO numbers as required.
- Administer contracts for various third party providers.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- 1 – 3 years experience as an administrative assistant or office coordinator in customer service or office management in a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office with an aptitude to easily learn new applications and productivity tools.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting, and can work with limited guidance.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience and comfort with office practices and procedures such as calendar management which includes scheduling meetings, phone and email correspondence as well as file maintenance.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to troubleshoot operational issues in a resourceful manner.
- Fluent in English and French is considered an asset.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Merkburn is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, origins, ages, orientations, genders, creeds and religions. Merkburn accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process, and beyond. If contacted regarding your application to this position, please advise us of any accommodations you may require.